TAUGHT BY: Class of Public Wellness
Duration regarding the program by having a study load that is full-time. Learning part-time will expand the period of the program.
If period is certainly not available (N/A) the providing might engage in a more substantial program.
This program is made to give you expert understanding and abilities within the section of sexology. You will definitely examine research that is recent relates to the biological, mental and social facets of individual sexuality, and you’ll additionally learn various research techniques.
You are supplied with a thorough history on sexology, an in-depth report on intimate and reproductive general general public health conditions, an introduction to forensic sexology, and a way to explore sexology from cultural views. Furthermore, you will definitely review your attitudes and values in an environment that is sex-positive.
Please be aware: Media material of the nature that is sexually graphic utilised in this program.
Please make reference to the handbook for extra program overview information.
Everything you’ll discover
- use maxims and principles of sexology as well as other associated disciplines such as general general general public wellness, biology, behavioural sciences, ethics therefore the legislation to research and practice
- interpret and critically analyse topics and dilemmas highly relevant to sexology; think artistically to come up with revolutionary answers to market healthy human sexuality
- access, evaluate and synthesise appropriate information to the training of sexology; demonstrate abilities in ethical thinking
- keep in touch with specialists and community users to advertise sexology making use of effective written and communication that is oral promote sexology research to your clinical community making use of effective ways of communication
- effectively make use of new and existing technologies to gather information, analyse information and communicate; accumulate and manage information ethically and effectively
- demonstrate cap cap ability in interdependent and learning that is self-directed professional development in the area of sexology
- recognise and use international perspectives and axioms to sexology
- demonstrate understanding and respect for specific human being legal rights and diversity that is cultural
- work skillfully and ethically across a variety of settings; show a advanced level degree of liberty and leadership
Why research Graduate Diploma in Sexology
- Integrate understanding of the biological, emotional and social facets of individual sexuality into the expert control.
- This program keeps exemplary expert affiliations. They attract neighborhood, interstate and worldwide pupils, ensuring greater networking possibilities beyond Perth and Australia.
- Our sexology system ended up being granted the World that is prestigious Association Sexual wellness ‘Award for Excellence & Innovation in Sexuality Education’ for 2007. This really is just awarded every couple of years and it is very competitive with all scheduled programs around the globe eligible to apply. Curtin ended up being the very first college to win this honor.
Upon graduation maybe you are entitled to account associated with community of Australian Sexologists (SAS), which can be user around the globe Association for Sexual wellness. You might get a professional name as a Psychosexual Therapist and/or Sexuality Educator from SAS after conclusion of direction demands. Demands for such titles far away vary.
Our graduates have established professions in several industries, including:
- intercourse treatment, training, consultancy and research
- son or daughter and elder security
- intimate wellness policy development
- individual rights
- cyber-safety training
- wellness advertising
- youth work
- medical and danger management
- forensic assessment.
Admission criteria for Australian and New Zealand students
Australia / Brand Brand New Zealand pupils
Pupil type toggle
A degree that is recognised one of many health vocations, social work or welfare studies, therapy, theology, education, behavioural sciences, including sociology, anthropology or biological sciences or associated areas.
You will have to offer additional information with the application.
Curtin requires all candidates to show proficiency in English. Particular English demands with this program are as outlined within the IELTS dining dining table below. order a bride online More information on just how it is possible to meet with the English requirement can be located in the English proficiency page.
|IELTS Academic (Overseas English Language Testing System)|
|Overall musical organization rating||7.0|
Pearson Test of English Academic: 60
Certification in Advanced English (CAE): Grade C
Crucial program prerequisites
A bachelor degree in a expert wellness industry, social work or welfare studies, therapy, theology, education, biological sciences or behavioural sciences, including sociology or anthropology.
You will have to submit additional information with the job.
If you should be learning in Australia for a pupil visa, you need to learn on-campus and full-time.
Other needs and records with this program
The intake that is mid-year part-time research just. This will extend the program length. Mid-year consumption isn’t accessible to worldwide pupils.
Besides the admission that is course-specific mentioned above, please read our basic admission requirements. Our basic admission criteria connect with all courses at Curtin University.
Advanced standing credit that is / recognition of previous learning
Australia / Brand Brand Brand New Zealand pupils
Pupil type toggle
At Curtin, we recognize that everyone’s scholarly research journey happens to be various.
You may have examined a number of the devices (topics) placed in your Curtin program, or perhaps you could have work experience that fits the amount needs.
If this relates to you, you are able to make an application for credit for recognised learning (CRL), this means your past research is recognised and compared to a comparable unit in your intended Curtin program.
A effective CRL application exempts you against needing to finish specific devices inside your program and means you might complete your level in a smaller period of time.
CRL can be referred to as recognition of previous learning, advanced level standing and credit transfer.
Make use of the CRL search to learn just exactly how much CRL you be eligible for, or call us at:
E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 1300 222 888
At Curtin, we realize that everyone’s research journey was different.
You may possibly have currently studied a few of the devices (topics) placed in your Curtin program at another academic organization, or perhaps you might have work experience that fits their education demands.
A effective CRL application exempts you against needing to complete specific devices in your program and means you can complete your level in a smaller length of time.
CRL normally referred to as recognition of prior learning, advanced level standing and credit transfer.
Make use of the CRL search to learn just exactly how much CRL you be eligible for a, or e mail us at: